08 March 2009

Publicity Tour #1


Friday was my first day hitting the venues that I hope will lead to massive book sales.

Considering that my book takes place in Tel Aviv, I decided that the local temple, JCC, and Judaica shop would be first on my list of places to visit.


Armed with my press packs; book, press release, postcard adverts, all arranged neatly in a zip-lock bag; I drove to each of my stops. In every place I was greeted with congratulatory handshakes and questioned with great interest about my book and about my time in Israel. I was also given a quite a few new ideas on where to send and who to contact. I was buzzing off the walls with excitement for the rest of the day!


I will continue the press blitz next week and see how other, more mainstream, booksellers react. I kinda figure there has to be at least one person in every store that will be happy to get a free book, no matter what else. And if just one person reads it, and then passes it along to someone else, and then to yet another person...well, that just has to be good for getting the word out.


Barnes & Noble - you will soon be hearing from me.

Kate