27 January 2015

Back to Shevled Projects

Now that BAD ACCOUNTS has been published, it's time to get on to writing something new.
I dream of living among the iguanas


I always have story ideas floating around in my head, but I also have a couple of projects that I simply can't decide about. One, a dark paranormal/sci-fi-ish tale, got put in a box over a year ago. After all the work I put into it, I can't see tossing it out. I've spent the past month re-reading and editing. I go between thinking it's good to thinking it's garbage. I have no idea why I can't get a real feel about this this one. I can't decide if I really like it or not.

So I went back to a novella that will be part of my Vietnam trilogy.....can't decide about that one either.

Therefore, I started the third novella.

I never, ever have more than one writing project going at the same time, so am very surprised by this. I'll work on one, then flip to the other, then think maybe I should simply start something brand new.

I suppose it has something to do with putting out a  new book. Every time I have published a new work I say to myself, THIS is the one that will get noticed!  .....and then it doesn't.....and then I think, OK, maybe the next one will do the trick. 

It's only been a month since Bad Accounts came out, so perhaps I should give it some more time. Or perhaps I should follow the advice of a friend who, noting that the story takes place in the Carmel/Monterey area of California, suggested I contact Clint Eastwood about using it for his next film project. 

Time to get back to whatever it is I'm working on this hour.