30 March 2016

Books Inc. - Now carrying 'Costa Contente'



Books Inc., "The West's Oldest Independent Bookseller", is now carrying my book,
The Many Wonders of Costa  
            Contente
    (at their Berkeley store.)
You can't get much better than that, in my opinion!

 A little of their history from   their website:

"Books Inc.’s origin dates back to the Gold Rush Days of 1851 when Anton Roman struck it rich in Shasta City, California and set himself up in business selling books. That small bookstore was moved, bought, sold, burned, rebuilt, renamed and became Books Inc., as we know it today, in 1946."

Although I was born more than 100 years after those Gold Rush Days, I did grow up in Northern California, surrounded by the stories and influence of those heady times. I've often wondered what I would have been doing to strike it rich during those golden years. It would not have been panning for gold, but the possibilities were endless. And now I feel like I actually have a real connection to those 49er's. And I feel honored that an Independent California bookstore now stocks a native daughter's book.

Glancing through their site, I saw that Saturday, April 30th is Independent Bookstore Day.
I think I may have to go in a purchase a book.
(Books Inc., at the top of the page, and Independent Bookstore Day, above, are links. Somehow, they don't look like they are.)